Tuesday 17 April 2012

Odd journal covers

This is an eye-catching cover for the latest issue of "Developmental Cell".


It has a really strong "Flash Gordon" pulp sci-fi vibe. Still, I have to admit surprise at them going for such a fantastical image - it doesn't exactly scream accurate. I wonder if there was a last minute change of cover? Or did they expect "john carter" to have been a bigger success? I'm not sure how i'd feel if i had a paper on the subject the cover is depicting. Well, i'd probably be fine (I'm a geek) and to be honest I'm sure there have been bigger works of fiction made it onto the cover of journals passing itself off as real. Miaow

If my paper ever does get published this is the cover I'd like:


What kind of Cover would you like for your work?





No comments:

Post a Comment