Sunday 10 February 2013

Are you confluent? Not nearly confluent enough.

On Friday I had to decide whether my "super-confluent" cells for my SILAC experiment were superconfluent. Unfortunately the lab "Aragorn" wasn't in to advise me and it looked like a do or die scenario. After consultation with other members of the fellowship lab it was agreed they were confluent enough and that they may die without more food. So I went ahead and split them.

I was in at the weekend and the king had returned. I told him about the scenario and he told me they weren't confluent enough and chances are the media will be used up before the cells are confluent again. As we are awaiting more SILAC media it could be the experiment dies.
"Aragorn" warned me; "A little more caution from you; that is no trinket you carry"

Now I just have to cross my fingers that those cells make an amazing comeback over the next 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment