Monday 11 February 2013

SILAC'S BACK! :)

For those of you who couldn't bare the cliffhanger of my last post, here is some good news - the cells seem to have clawed their way back and are now looking good for being confluent before the media is exhausted.

Phew.

Other decent news is that my antibody and the siRNA works. Ish. There's 3 bands, two of which disappear with siRNA but the strongest band not so much. Antibody for gene2 doesn't appear to work and instead looks like a dirty smear. This is the reason I didn't check the results until today. If I'd seen that at the weekend I would have felt the time spent there at the weekend was for nothing and have called it "bad" news. On a Monday I'm more prepared for things not working, hence this is "decent" news.


No comments:

Post a Comment